During the holiday season, it’s easy to lose focus on your college application responsibilities. It is important that you remain focused and stay organized, so that you don’t miss important application deadlines. By now, most early admission deadlines have passed, but there is still time for you to apply to colleges and universities for regular decision. Regular admission deadlines, to begin school in fall, are in January and early February for most colleges and universities.
Here are some tips from ECMC’s Opportunities booklets that should help keep you on track through December:
- Continue preparing for the FAFSA.
Even though you cannot submit your submit your FAFSA until January 1, it is never too early to prepare.
- Research and apply for scholarships.
- Finalize portfolios, audition tapes, or writing samples.
Complete these if they are required for admissions or scholarships.
- Follow up with your references.
Make sure they are finalizing letters or forms that must be submitted to your colleges.
- Complete revisions of all applications and essays.
Review them with a parent, teacher, or school counselor.
- Submit all revised, complete admissions and college academic scholarship application materials before the holiday break.
Keep copies for your file. If you submit your applications online, verify that they were received.
For more tips and information about the college application and financial aid process, visit www.ecmc.org/details/opportunities.html.